The first pre-release snapshot of ‘The Wild Update’ is here for Minecraft
The wild update is getting closer to a full release.
what you need to know
- Mojang Studios has been working on The Wild Update, Minecraft’s next content update, for many months.
- On Wednesday, the studio officially began testing preview versions of The Wild Update with Minecraft: Java Edition players.
- This means that The Wild Update is nearing completion, with only bug fixes and general improvements planned from this point on.
- Minecraft: Java Edition 1.19 Pre-Release 1 is now available for players to test with a number of changes and other fixes.
Minecraft players regularly enjoy injections of new content through successive updates, with the next release coming later this year in the form of The Wild Update. Mojang Studios has been actively developing The Wild Update alongside the Minecraft community for months, but the update is now fast approaching an official release for all players.
Mojang Studios is now testing Minecraft: Java Edition 1.19 Pre-Release 1, which includes a new batch of bug fixes, changes, and technical updates for players to explore. As The Wild Update is now officially in the “pre-release” development era, don’t expect any major changes or feature additions from this point on. The release is now more or less feature locked, with only minor fixes and enhancements happening until completion.
The Wild Update is the next content update for one of the best PC games and it will bring new biomes, mobs, game mechanics and more to Minecraft. Players will be able to discover the terrifying Deep and Ancient Dark Cities, guarded by powerful Guardians, or explore idyllic mangrove swamps populated by frogs and mud. The wild update doesn’t have an exact release date yet, but we should get more information in the coming weeks or months.
The full changelog for Minecraft: Java Edition 1.19 Prerelease 1 includes:
- Slightly reduced the number of mangrove trees in mangrove swamps.
- Endermen, Skeletons, Wither Skeletons, and Piglins now spawn in a wider range of light levels in the Nether (from light level 0 to 11)
- Item interaction vibrations are now emitted when you start or finish “using” an item with a start and end status (such as bows, crossbows, goat horns, shields, food)
- Item interaction vibrations are now ignored when sneaking
- Placing non-armor items (such as Pumpkins and Skulls) in your hat slot now plays a generic equipment sound.
- Auto completion is now available for the template argument for place and template
- Custom servers can now enable or disable chat preview for certain clients by sending a new network packet
- Now, a chat preview is also displayed for chat-related commands, such as say and message
- test-rainbow-chat has been removed from server properties
Added game events
- note_block_play with a vibration frequency of 6
- instrument_play with a vibration frequency of 15
- Equip armor/elytras via the inventory or the dispenser on reproduce sonidos
- PacketBuffer.writeStringThe maximum length of is in bytes, while it readStringis in characters
- Attempting to open the Minecraft Realms menu claims the client is out of date, even though the snapshot may be newer than the version
- Sculk sensors do not activate when entities are summoned by a generator.
- Equipping armor through inventory does not count as a vibration.
- The distance value for Sculk sensors is limited to integers
- Goats are not scared when tempted with their favorite food
- The description of the “FOV Effects” setting is not accurate
- No subtitles are produced on the passing of the frogs.
- He entity.frog.toungethe sound is misspelled
- Frogs don’t shy away when tempted with their favorite food
- Tadpoles are not tempted by slime balls
- Frogs can jump while being tempted with balls of slime.
- Tadpoles drop experience, unlike other baby mobs.
- The sculk sensors comparator frequency when you’re stepping on it is the last frequency it heard
- Items picked up from the ground by allays travel too high above their hitboxes
- ‘It Spreads’ trailer is not a child of ‘Monster Hunter’
- Switching items to the player’s left hand can cause vibrations.
- Birthday song trailer description does not capitalize the word Cake
- British cat id does not match texture name
- The Sculk catalyst is activated when a villager is turned into a zombie villager by a zombie.
- The subtitle for picking up a tadpole with a bucket is the generic “Full Bucket” subtitle
- /tp duplicate “argument” in options tab
- The server crashes when trying to load fragments that contain command blocks consisting of a large number of characters within the above output field
- Goat horn subtitles are misspelled
- Playing the goat horn is not detected as a vibration
- The server logs the messages from the “game test server”
- Entity selectors in commands are no longer evaluated
- Potted mangrove propagule model is incorrect
- Structure block messages are in chat format
- Duplicate object key
- Error starting the game on a 32-bit operating system
- io.netty.handler.codec.EncoderException when using special characters in the chat message
- Game crash regarding keeper’s wrath
- The chat closes only if the Open Chat control is set to Enter
- Clicking on the “command incomplete” message removes / in chat
- Iron golems can spawn on blocks that cannot be spawned, such as leaves, glass, sea lanterns, etc.
- The Warden emerge / roar / sonic charge / dig animation (and possibly other similar animations) does not start unless the player looks at the Warden first
- /say The command does not apply server message styling when sent from a command block, server console, or RCON, unlike/msg
- Guardians can spawn on any non-full block, as long as it’s solid.
- The reflected ghast fireball cannot hit the ghast
- Can execute commands with double slash prefix
- –devThe argument for data generators no longer converts NBT to SNBT correctly
a catalog of games
Xbox Game Pass Ultimate
From $1/month on Xbox
$45 on Amazon (3-month subscription)
$15 on Amazon (1-month subscription)
All your gaming needs, in one subscription
Is Xbox Game Pass Ultimate the best value on all games? It’s possible. Ultimate includes your Xbox Live Gold membership, Xbox Game Pass for Xbox consoles and PC Game Pass for Windows devices, and Xbox Cloud Gaming for fun on the go. The Wild update is fast approaching, with the first pre-release snapshot now available (including via PC Game Pass).