How to Mute WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and Telegram conversations on your Android phone
With the proliferation of instant messaging services like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and Telegram, it’s not hard to imagine that most smartphone users are receiving more messages on a daily basis than they should, want, or, in fact, can process. While this may seem like just an annoyance to most people, it could actually lead to information overload, where you feel overwhelmed by information, affecting your overall functioning and well-being.
How to mute Messenger on Android?
- Open Facebook Messenger and tap on your profile picture in the top left, which will take you to the main settings menu.
- Tap the Notifications & Sounds submenu in Preferences.
- Now just tap the “On” button at the top to turn off all sounds coming from Messenger.
How do I silence the messenger?
Open your Messenger app and navigate to the Settings page. Tap Notifications > Chat Heads > Off. If disabling all Messenger notifications is too extreme, you can still mute them for a period of time.
Does Messenger have Do Not Disturb?
Step 1: Login to your account by entering your user ID and password. Step 2: From Messenger Chats, tap on your profile picture in the top left. Step 3: After that, tap on Notifications & Sounds. Step 4: Here, tap next to On to turn them off.
Can I disable calls from Facebook Messenger?
Disabling the ability to make voice and video calls through the desktop version of Facebook Messenger is pretty straightforward. In the chat panel on the right side of the screen, users can click the gear icon to open the options menu. There, you can select “Turn off video/voice calls”.
How do I disable vibration for Facebook Messenger on Android?
To turn your notifications on or off:
- Tap at the bottom right of Facebook.
- Tap Settings & Privacy, then tap Settings.
- Tap Notification Settings, then tap Push.
- Turn on or off next to Sounds / Vibrate.
What happens when you mute someone on Messenger?
Facebook Messenger allows users to mute individual conversations temporarily or even indefinitely. When a user mutes a conversation, they will not be notified when they receive new messages. When you mute a person, you must manually select how long you want to mute a thread for.
How can I mute Facebook Messenger on my computer?
How to mute a Messenger conversation on desktop
- Step 1: Open the Messenger conversation that you want to mute. Select the gear icon in the upper right corner of the conversation, then select “Mute Conversation.”
- Step 2 – Choose how long you want to mute the conversation.
How do I turn off notifications from the Facebook Messenger app?
To turn off Messenger notification alerts for all conversations:
- In Chats, tap your profile picture in the top left.
- Tap Notifications & sounds.
- Tap next to On to turn them off.
- Choose how long you want to disable notifications and tap OK.
How can you tell if someone has muted you on Messenger?
To find out if someone has muted you on Messenger, you can send a message using another profile. If the recipient reads the message, it is most likely that she has muted him on Messenger. When notifications from a group fill your inbox with unnecessary information, you can choose to leave the group.
What happens when someone calls you on Do Not Disturb?
When Do Not Disturb is on, it sends incoming calls to voicemail and doesn’t alert you about calls or texts. It also silences all notifications so the phone doesn’t bother you. You may want to enable Do Not Disturb mode when you go to bed or during meals, meetings, and movies.
What does it mean when you send a message on Messenger and the circle is white?
Look for the small circle next to the message you sent. If that circle shows the recipient’s profile photo, that person has seen your message. A blue circle with a white checkmark indicates that your note has been delivered, but not yet read. If you’re not sure of the status of your message, just tap the circle.
How do I block calls in the Facebook Messenger app?
Just follow these steps to disable calls on the Facebook Messenger app:
- Go to the “Settings” of your phone;
- Click on “Applications” and select “Applications” once again;
- Find the “Messenger” app and click on it;
- Select “Permissions”;
- Now deny Messenger access to your camera, microphone, and phone.
How do I change settings in Messenger?
You can learn how to change Facebook Messenger settings by following a few steps.
- Open the Messenger app on your Android device.
- Press the menu button on your phone.
- Tap on the “Settings” option.
- Touch the “Alerts” item to set alerts to “On” or “Off”.
What does it mean when you call someone on Messenger and they say not reachable?
Original Answer: What does “not accessible” mean in Messenger? it means that their contact cell phone is turned off and therefore they are not active in the application, Facebook could not communicate with them.